You are a teen and you are pregnant? You still have a choice. There are two ways out: to end the pregnancy (abortion) or have the baby. If you decide to end the pregnancy, remember that the earlier you do so the lower chances of side effects. If you decide to have the baby, you also have choices about what to do after the baby is born. You can take care of your baby yourself or place the baby for adoption. In any case, only you can make the final decision about pregnancy.
Before doing anything think that:
– Having a baby means a new way of life. The most time of the day and night you must take care of the baby.
– A baby can enrich your life but it also means a lot of work and responsibility.
– Raising a baby requires sizeable costs. You and your baby will need a place to live and money for food and clothing.
– If you want to increase chances for a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby you should get prenatal care as soon as possible.
– It would be good to take childbirth classes as a part of your prenatal care.
– You should avoid alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, any drugs or other things that could cause harm to your baby. Eat healthy foods to keep you and your baby healthy.
– To prevent birth neural tube defects get at least 0.4 mg of folic acid each day. It is especially important in the first three months of pregnancy.
– You can make the future brighter for you and your baby. Arrange to see your doctor four to six weeks after the baby is born to make sure you are healthy and to talk about your future health needs, including birth control.
– Consider school graduation. It is also an important part of your better future. Having education you’ll be able to get a better job, earn more money, and have a better life with your baby.
Being prepared for your baby and planning for your future will help you make a big difference in your life and in your baby’s life.
When you face the unplanned pregnancy, you try to make decisions about your future life, and they all point back to choices about your pregnancy. Here you have such options, as to terminate your pregnancy through an abortion or to continue the pregnancy. If you decide to continue hour pregnancy, then you may choose between: taking care of your child as a single mother, taking care of your son or daughter with the father of your child, parenting with the help of your parents or some other relatives, or placing your baby for adoption. All these options are listed below and looked through more detailed.
Your options can help you determine the destiny of your future baby and the type of atmosphere he or she will be growing up in. They seem very limited to you now, but your present options are available of no doubt. It is completely up to you what to choose; of course your parents’ your boyfriend’s and sometimes even your friends’ points of view will take major part in your choice. What you are never to forget, that there is a little alive baby inside of you, who loves you, who is so much helpless without your help and love, and this baby does have a right to live. After you have got pregnant, you may choose:
– Parenting. If you choose this option of yours, you will not only be able to watch your child grow up, you will be experiencing one of the greatest and the most happiest events in nearly every human’s life. However, along with it come many responsibilities, which you are to realize and accept now, if you choose to become a mother. Mind that being a parent means a lifelong commitment to your child, promising your son or daughter the best care, financial, physical, emotional and spiritual support. Now you are to answer the question if you are prepared to take on this kind of responsibility.
– If parenting your baby is not possible, and you can not imagine killing this little creature, adoption may be the best way out in a situation like this. If you chose it, you will still have to go through your pregnancy, and during this process, the placement of your baby with another family will go on. You will even be able to look for the best home and people for your little baby to live with, and you may also keep having contact with your child after the placement.
– Abortion. “If abortion is so bad, why do people opt for it?” – you may be asking yourself, while thinking about your future behaviour model. Of course, it is not the best way out, but you do have right to chose this option for yourself, especially if you have a feeling of shame, or if you consider your baby will become a burden for you, if you have not completed your education, and if you realize that there is the whole life in front of you, so young and full of hopes and ambitions; and if you are not independent from the financial point of view. Your health condition or, even you age (when a girl is too young to become a mother) may also be a contraindication of pregnancy carrying. Some women are often pressed into abortion by their parents. In many cases these women find it difficult to choose the live of their child over their partner.
But whatever the reason of your thinking about abortion, it should never be entered into without careful thought over it. Mind that the very procedure can be dangerous, sometimes, or in some cases even life threatening, and it is always emotionally devastating.
So, you have decided to go through your pregnancy, and if there is no fact, which may prevent you from it, but there is no way to raise your baby, you may deliver him and put a little one for adoption. Nowadays there are plenty of children fewer families, who are expecting a baby to adopt, and you may also talk to your counsellor about your options.
Who you can talk to about your options
• Crisis Pregnancy Center is a place, where you can only talk to pregnant women. There are some Crisis Pregnancy Centers, where you may spend all nine months long until your baby arrives
• Family Planning Clinic. Their women receive all kinds of birth control information.
• Adoption Agency is the very place for you to come to if you decided to keep a baby and place him or her for adoption.
• Health Department or Social Services. There you can get information about where to apply next.
• Mental Health Center or Family Service Agency is a kind of places, where all people may get help, in spite of the situation they are in.